How to Claim
How to make a claim
- Call our Claims Team on 0800 587 5098 and we will discuss your circumstances and send you a claim form to complete.
We will need
- The completed and signed claim form.
- A medical certificate/fit note.
- Evidence of your earnings – exactly what we require is explained in the claim form.
- Depending on your individual circumstances, other information may be required. We will let you know what we need.
Ways to return your fully completed and signed claim form
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: Cirencester Friendly, Mutuality House, The Mallards South Cerney, Gloucestershire, GL7 5TQ
What happens next?
Depending on your circumstances, we may need information from:
- Your GP or other medical professionals. We’ll let you know when we’ve asked for this so that you can help speed up the process, should you choose to.
- Your employer or accountant if you’re self-employed for information about your earnings.
- Other insurance companies if you hold any other relevant policies or contracts.
- You – we may need to clarify some points with you or ask you for additional information
We’ll use the information to assess your claim, to determine whether we can start paying it and to calculate how much we can pay. There may be occasions where we can’t pay your claim or pay the full amount that you might be expecting, but if this happens we’ll contact you to fully explain the reasons why.
You’ll receive your claim payments twice a month, and we’ll let you know the dates once we’ve confirmed your claim has been successful.
For the period of time you’re claiming for, you’ll need to continue providing us medical certificates/fit notes so that we can keep paying you.
You’ll need to keep paying your premiums during the time you’re claiming. However, we’ll then return them to you in line with the terms of your contract.